kostenloser Webspace werbefrei: lima-city

Mac vs. Windows 7 ! the long running battle

lima-cityForumSonstigesEnglish

1. Autor dieses Themas

starlines2

Kostenloser Webspace von starlines2

starlines2 hat kostenlosen Webspace.

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/lifehacker/2009/06/win7vsleopard-hed.png

If we ask anyone about his present OS, he often would say either : Windows 7 or a MAC OS,

these two great OS dominate the majority of the market. without forgetting the the great Ubuntu too ;-).

And each one has his own reasons to choose which OS he prefers, and it can be because of the Best performance, Flexibility, Design, popularity, compatibility and you can easy find compatible softwares...etc

I love my PC with Windows 7. Not a single problem running it, it does all I want, it is fast, and now i am totally satisfied…i am not sure that it is best then a Mac because i never tried one, but i am sure that it is better than Vista, my old OS :biggrin:.

but i will buy a Mac laptop very soon, just to know if it's real what Apple say :
    "If you want to see tomorrows PC all you have to do is look at todays MAC"

but right now I’ll stick with my Windows7 :thumb:

And the battle between Windows7 and Mac still running, and the number of users of these two great OS is is growing everyday.

Beitrag zuletzt geändert: 21.4.2010 14:00:17 von starlines2
  2. Diskutiere mit und stelle Fragen: Jetzt kostenlos anmelden!

lima-city: Gratis werbefreier Webspace für deine eigene Homepage

3. starlines2 schrieb:
    http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/lifehacker/2009/06/win7vsleopard-hed.png

That's not the current version of MacOS. The current version is Snow Leopard.

If we ask anyone about his present OS, he often would say either : Windows 7 or a MAC OS,

Anyone? Is that the inventor of the "any key"? *SCNR*
    Seriously. a lot of Users who own a Mac have Windows installed as well because they need some Windows applications. So you shouldn't ask which OS someone uses but which operating systems he regulary runs.

these two great OS dominate the majority of the market. without forgetting the the great Ubuntu too ;-).

Depends on which market we are talking about. Regarding the server market Linux is clearly leading.

And each one has his own reasons to choose which OS he prefers, and it can be because of the Best performance, Flexibility, Design, popularity, compatibility and you can easy find compatible softwares...etc

For those who know that there alternatives, this true. But a lot of people do not know that alternatives to Windows exist. In fact, many normal users will not be able to explain (roughly) what an operating system is and how a computer works.
    I am very sure that there are a lot of frustrated computer users that should have a look at Ubuntu.

I love my PC with Windows 7. Not a single problem running it, it does all I want, it is fast, and now i am totally satisfied…i am not sure that it is best then a Mac because i never tried one, but i am sure that it is better than Vista, my old OS :biggrin:.

If you are satisfied with Windows 7, why do you want a Mac?

but i will buy a Mac laptop very soon, just to know if it's real what Apple say :
    "If you want to see tomorrows PC all you have to do is look at todays MAC"

Oh, come on. Is that why you bought Windows Vista? Because the WOW starts now?
    Don't be silly. This is advertising and marketing. There is no uniqe "tomorrow". Different places invent different things. Apple did not invent the internet nor did it invent UNIX. It is absolutely fine to share good ideas over different platforms but Apple is definitely not the only place to look for the future.

but right now I’ll stick with my Windows7 :thumb:

So, how far in the future is "very soon" then? When will you waste your money on a Mac?

And the battle between Windows7 and Mac still running, and the number of users of these two great OS is is growing everyday.

Again, depends on which market you are looking at. The enterprise market is still very Windows-centric while MacOS becomes more popular in the home market.
  4. Autor dieses Themas

starlines2

bladehunter schrieb:
    That's not the current version of MacOS. The current version is Snow Leopard.

First i know that Snow Leopard is the current version of MacOS, it's just because i was looking for an image wich contains the both Windows and MacOS logo.

Depends on which market we are talking about. Regarding the server market Linux is clearly leading.

I guess it's very clear my friend that i was talking about the OS's market not about servers market where Linux is the leader i guess.

For those who know that there alternatives, this true. But a lot of people do not know that alternatives to Windows exist. In fact, many normal users will not be able to explain (roughly) what an operating system is and how a computer works.
    I am very sure that there are a lot of frustrated computer users that should have a look at Ubuntu.

i agree with you in that, but in the current century it is very rare that you find a computer user who doesn't know that an alternative to Windows exist, well...how we explain the large number of sales of MacOs.

Don't be silly. This is advertising and marketing. There is no uniqe "tomorrow". Different places invent different things. Apple did not invent the internet nor did it invent UNIX. It is absolutely fine to share good ideas over different platforms but Apple is definitely not the only place to look for the future.

So you dont think that Apple allows that the computer technology Progress make a fast step to the futur, so what about Ipad ? and i am sure you know that a German company "Neofonie" invents a similar device named WePad to rival iPad.

So, how far in the future is "very soon" then? When will you waste your money on a Mac?

i guess it's in the few next months, now i just brought a new Mobile, and it cost me too much :biggrin:

Best regards dude!

Edit (djfun): Quote-tags fixed

Beitrag zuletzt geändert: 21.4.2010 17:20:22 von djfun
  5. starlines2 schrieb:

I guess it's very clear my friend that i was talking about the OS's market not about servers market where Linux is the leader i guess.

I suppose you mean the Desktop market, which is divided into the enterprise market and the home market.

i agree with you in that, but in the current century it is very rare that you find a computer user who doesn't know that an alternative to Windows exist, well...how we explain the large number of sales of MacOs.

Actually, I've met quite a couple of people who don't know about this. But most of them were elder people.
    I don't know where you are from, but in germany's population there are more old people than young ones. And many of them are not good at working with computers.

So you dont think that Apple allows that the computer technology Progress make a fast step to the futur, so what about Ipad ? and i am sure you know that a German company "Neofonie" invents a similar device named WePad to rival iPad.

Sorry, I can't translate that. What do you mean by "allow" in this context?

Beitrag zuletzt geändert: 21.4.2010 17:47:38 von bladehunter
  6. Well, I prefer MacOs, because I don't like Windows. And I think that MacOs and Linux are better than Windows. The main problem is, that there are lots of users who don't know, that MacOs and Linux exist. If you ask a really unexperienced computer user after Mac or Linux, they will say: 'MacOs? What's that?'.

That problem will be solved some time because of iPods, iPads etc. But it will need a lot of time to spread this information.
  7. Autor dieses Themas

starlines2

robbmaster schrieb:
    Well, I prefer MacOs, because I don't like Windows. And I think that MacOs and Linux are better than Windows. The main problem is, that there are lots of users who don't know, that MacOs and Linux exist. If you ask a really unexperienced computer user after Mac or Linux, they will say: 'MacOs? What's that?'.

That problem will be solved some time because of iPods, iPads etc. But it will need a lot of time to spread this information.

Well....I hope so, because MacOS it is also a good OS, i wish to try it soon, but the problem that the compatible softwares for MacOS i guess are very rare, and the most of the software on the net are designed for WindowsOS, and that is the advantage of Windows OSs. i never try MacOS, because i was always satisfied with Windows.

And like i said in the title : the long running battle, and new competitors get involved in this battle like Google. and the consumer is the arbiter, and who decides which OS is the best.
  8. starlines2 schrieb:
    Well....I hope so, because MacOS it is also a good OS, i wish to try it soon,

This seems strange to me. You haven't tried MacOS yet, but you know that it is a good operating system?

but the problem that the compatible softwares for MacOS i guess are very rare, and the most of the software on the net are designed for WindowsOS, and that is the advantage of Windows OSs.

While there are a lot of applications that are Windows-only, this situation is not as bad as it used to be. Much software today is written with platform independance in mind. Therefore you can still use some of your favorite programs in a different operating system.

And like i said in the title : the long running battle, and new competitors get involved in this battle like Google. and the consumer is the arbiter, and who decides which OS is the best.

As long as the consumer is aware of her choices.
  9. In my opinion Linux (speziality [???]) Ubuntu.
    But there are lots of games that runs only on windows.
    And on that (Portable PC) I bought a few month ago was only Windows 7, Im to lazy to install Ubuntu.

:thumb: Linux
    :thefinger: Window

If linux would exist bevor Windows, I think linux would be a better 'programm'

I can't say much to Mac because I never used it.

Sorry for bad Englisch
  10. tion schrieb:
    If linux would exist bevor Windows, I think linux would be a better 'programm'

Application. But I would say, Linux is a better software. Because applications need an OS to run, but a software can also be an OS.
  11. wmtippspiel10

wmtippspiel10 hat kostenlosen Webspace.

ts3web schrieb:
    Linux is the best. It's Safe and fast. Mac is very slow and crashs all the time

That's a very big generalization... I wouldn't go this far, because Mac OS X is based on a linux system. Deep down inside it's the same :)
    Did you ever work on a mac? How can you say that it is slow? In comparison to Windows it runs like hell :)
    And I never crashed my mac, my Windows 7 chrashes sometimes, but even that is far far away from "all the time".
  12. With Windows I have very much problems, too.
    e.g. now, the Taskmanager (?) miss the buttons where you can change between open windows, tasks, cpu auslastung and so on.

If I dont have to use so much to do with*.exe, *.com and *.bat I would "destroy" Windows and change to Linux, alternatin Mac.

Sry, bad Englisch

tion
  13. wmtippspiel10 schrieb:

Did you ever work on a mac? How can you say that it is slow? In comparison to Windows it runs like hell :)
    And I never crashed my mac, my Windows 7 chrashes sometimes, but even that is far far away from "all the time".

My Home-PC is a Windows 7. I crashed it 1-2 times. At school we have only mac's an they crashes all the time. I write in Word and all 5 minutes crashs the mac. When i klick open word, it will take some minutes!!!!! And my second OS is Ubuntu, it's so fast and it crashs never.
  14. wmtippspiel10

wmtippspiel10 hat kostenlosen Webspace.

i think Microsoft Word is kind of a bad example cause it isn't a native Mac Software. Which version of Word do you use there and are all the Service Packs for Mac installed? I worked with Windows for quite a long time and actually am still working with it. But since I got my MacBook Pro, I like Mac OS X even more. I need Windows for gaming and to be honest: Flash is a pain in the ass on Mac at the moment. But I read that they are working on it, so I'm excited what the future will bring :)
  15. Yes the OS in my school is all the time up to date. And it crashs with all programms. And all programms take a long time to start.
  16. ts3web schrieb:
    Yes the OS in my school is all the time up to date. And it crashs with all programms. And all programms take a long time to start.

OS? Mac OS? Which apps r u talking about there, buddy?
  17. Diskutiere mit und stelle Fragen: Jetzt kostenlos anmelden!

lima-city: Gratis werbefreier Webspace für deine eigene Homepage

Dir gefällt dieses Thema?

Über lima-city

Login zum Webhosting ohne Werbung!